On December 6, 2022, Understory hosted a special edition of the 'Startups Driving Sustainability' Showcase featuring the six startup innovators from the gener8tor sustainability accelerator fall cohort.
A recording of the event is available below.
Our featured speakers include:
- Ryan Jeffery, Managing Director of gener8tor Sustainability
- Mikhail Hutton, CEO of Candidus
- Ryan McIntosh, Cofounder & CEO of Cedar Carbon
- Dan White, CEO of Gentian
- Yuen Li Chan, COO of Phoenix Waste Solutions
- Matin Hanifzadeh, CEO and CoFounder of Rushnu
- Josh Mastromatto, Co-Founder, CEO of Rego
gener8tor's latest accelerator gives climate tech and sustainability startups the access to capital, connections, and the resources that they need to succeed. During the showcase, the presenters share insights into energy efficiency, carbon removal, waste management, circularity, biodiversity, and more. These are a few key highlights:
- Greenhouses are ripe for automation. While food production is pivoting to greenhouses, many are still very energy inefficient and can be optimized with technology.
- The carbon removal market is a multi-trillion dollar opportunity. Applications include urban transportation and heavy industry, but require different tech solutions depending on the use case.
- There are multiple reasons to keep trash from the landfill. Circular platforms that promote reuse can help companies both reduce expenses and carbon emissions. Plus, new technologies that convert trash to ash can not only reduce the emissions from trash, they also minimize the emissions generated from TRANSPORTING the trash to landfills.
- Understanding and promoting biodiversity is the next horizen of the sustainability transformation. But historically, methods to measure and track biodiversity has been extremely manual, slow, and time-consuming.
For more information about innovators driving sustainable change or our upcoming events, check out Understory's 'Startups Driving Sustainability' Showcase information page.