On February 16, 2022, Understory hosted the 'Startups Driving Sustainability' Showcase highlighting the startup and partner innovators making our world more sustainable.
A recording of the event is available below.
Our featured speakers include:
- Casey Hill, Product Line Manager at OneTrust
- Nicole Toole, CEO of Conserve Innovations
- Steve Han, Co-Founder & CTO at Pebble Finance
- Zachary Witman, Founder of GrowSquares
Each lightning talk focused on themes such as ESG, recycling, sustainable investing, urban gardening. These are a few key highlights:
- Getting started with net zero or ESG can be overwhelming. The right tools can automate the process - streamlining data collection, making sense out of conflicting standards - and ultimately help leaders focus on action.
- America doesn't know how to recycle. We want to recycle. We really do. But our good intentions often contaminate the good recyclables - meaning we are less effective than we could be.
- We need to fix the incentive structure around climate change. Rewarding influencers who talk about climate change and making it easy to divest from companies that don't meet our values is a win-win. Technology can link the two together.
- Data can turn us into expert gardeners. You've heard of precision agriculture, now its all about precision gardening. Data and apps can help even the black thumbs cultivate successful gardens.
For more information about innovators driving sustainable change or our upcoming events, check out Understory's 'Startups Driving Sustainability' Showcase information page.