On May 24, 2022, Understory hosted the 'Startups Driving Sustainability' Showcase highlighting the startup innovators making our world more sustainable.
A recording of the event is available below.
Our featured speakers include:
- Rich Mokuolu, CEO of Partsimony
- Drew Messersmith, VP of Revenue Operations at Agolo
- Janice Tam, Co-Founder & CEO of TrueToForm
- John Ridd, CEO, Co-Founder of Greenpixie
Experience insightful presentations and lively conversation on all things ESG, supply chain, sustainable fashion and net zero solutions. These are a few key highlights:
- The majority of carbon emissions are in supply chains. Over 80% of GHG emissions are in Scope 3 embedded emissions which are hard to eliminate if sustainability is an afterthought.
- More emissions come from digital operations than the entire aviation industry. These emissions will only accelerate as data center usage doubles in the next decade unless concerted efforts are made to track and reduce these activities.
- Poor design is a significant contributor to textile waste and emissions. While there are numerous solutions to address sustainable materials and logistics/returns, garment design and construction is an opportunity for sustainable innovation.
- AI can simplify ESG understanding. Advances in machine learning and knowledge graphs are making it easier to summarize dense disclosures and extract valuable information. This means faster and better decision making.
For more information about innovators driving sustainable change or our upcoming events, check out Understory's 'Startups Driving Sustainability' Showcase information page.
Join the newsletter to get the latest updates.
Join the conversation.