On July 21, 2021, Understory hosted the 'Startups Driving Sustainability' Showcase highlighting the startup and corporate innovators making our world more sustainable.
A recording of the event is available below.
Our featured speakers include:
- Nicole Doucet, Co-Founder & CEO of Open Water
- Jeff Horowitz, Director of Business Development & Partnerships at NEXT Energy Technologies
- Kim Raath, Founder & CEO of Topl
Each lightning talk highlighted innovative products and business models across zero waste, consumer products, renewable energy, builttech, blockchain, and ESG.
This month we heard inspiring stories of how our founders are using technology to drive climate impact and informational deep dives into specific industries. These are just a few of the key insights:
- Pragmatic solutions are required for day-to-day convenience. Even though reusable bottles are the best option for the environment, Open Water recognized they aren't always a practical option. The company's climate neutral bottled water fills a sustainability gap by providing additional market options.
- Make adoption easier within your supply chain and ecosystem. NEXT Energy's solar technology was created with ease of integration and adoption in mind by minimizing disruption for partners and ultimately end consumers.
- Seamless transactions for the CX win. Topl prioritizes ease of use by combining multiple functions into one platform. The added functionality and winning customer experience has aided adoption of their ethical sourcing tools.
For more information about innovators driving sustainable change, check out Understory's 'Startups Driving Sustainability - 2020 Report'.
Join the newsletter to get the latest updates.
Join the conversation.